Not sure what/whom exactly you're looking for?
Ask for my free phone consultation (audio or video), including feedback on your sample pages.
It's a great opportunity to get to know an editor while gaining awareness of how to capitalize on your strengths and address your challenges.
Please email me your inquiry, along with sample pages of your book (see below for details).
In your email (subject line: "Initial Consultation"), a few lines about the following will be helpful:
- How would you describe your work to a potential reader?
- Who is your ideal readership?
- What is the stage of completion? For example, have you written part or all of your book? Is it a first draft, advanced draft, somewhere in the middle?
- What are you looking for in an editor? In-depth feedback on characters and story, coaching in technique, line-editing, encouragement, something else, all of the above?
- Is this your first book? If not, what else have you written? Have you published any of your work?
- Are you interested in traditional publishing, or are you looking to independently publish?
- What is the title of your book?
- Tell me anything else you'd like me to know about you and your project.
*Typically, if your book is a novel, memoir, or screenplay, I'll ask for the first ten double-spaced pages. However, if your book is a memoir and you have written a full or partial book proposal, I'll ask for the first five double-spaced pages of your memoir plus the first three double-spaced pages of your book proposal (if available).
The sample pages you send me must be a double-spaced Word document, with numbered pages and one-inch margins all around. Include the title of your work and your first and last name on a cover page and/or in a page header.
If you are seeking editorial services for shorter works or if you are looking for copywriting services, I'll ask for details of your project and ask for material based on the information you give me.
Looking forward to hearing from you!